Spotless Data version 9 includes data validation, substitution and lookalike improvements for better data quality.
We have just launched Version 9 of our unique data quality web-based API solution, which includes a new rule type, known as a data validation Rule, as well as significant enhancements to our rules engine, which have been driven by machine learning.
Here are the five fundamental improvements to Spotless Data version 9:
- Data validation rules: These are a new rule type which we have developed to check and make sure that your data are always well-formatted and within specific well-defined ranges, and accompany our already existing reference, regex, duplication and session rules.
- Substitutions: We have found that sometimes the data companies submit, typically those gathered by them from a 3rd party source, have the same consistent errors occurring repeatedly. To address this problem, we now allow you to hard-code a substitution which you can always make in a particular situation. For instance if a TV Listings service consistently receives information about a show called Mr & Mrs but it actually refers to the show Mr and Mrs, a substitution would be to always replace & with and when the parameters are that the show title starts with Mr and ends with Mrs. We can also suggest substitutions when we see that an error is consistently occurring when you regularly submit your data to us. If you would like guidance in hard-coding such a substitution rule yourself, please email us, see below.
- Lookalike matches Sometimes blank entries in your data files can mess up the data quality, e.g. if you have two columns of data then a blank entry in one column could result in all the data below this entry in both columns being mismatched, resulting in wildly inaccurate data. By comparing any blank entries which appear in your data with other rules we can now automatically fill in the blanks to ensure data consistency throughout.
- Reporting and quarantining One reason why it makes so much sense to use our API data quality service is for better reporting within your business or organisation. However, we recognise that our own reporting of the data cleaning of your data batches is also essential in ensuring that your data are now exactly what you require to make them quality data you can consistently trust in. With this end in mind, we have improved our reporting so that you understand exactly what it is that we have done in improving your data, and can then contact us using the icon in the bottom right-hand corner of any page of our website to chat to one of our team if there any anomalies in our report or if we have done things which don't exactly fit your requirements. We have also improved the quarantining of bad data, which is then flagged so that it can either be fixed manually or through a further automation, e.g. imposing a new data validation rule.
- Security We recognise that your data are both valuable and highly confidential and that the last thing you want is for a malicious 3rd party to be able to access them while they are in Spotless Data's care. While we have long used the https protocol for secure communications, we take the security of your data extremely seriously and so have put new measures in place to ensure that our commitment that nobody will be able to access your data when they are with us is a cast-iron guarantee.
If you or your organisation have data that need a proper clean-up to ensure their data integrity, then get started and find out how Spotless can save you time and money to ensure your data is clean and that you know the quality of your data over time.
Here is a quick link to our FAQ. You can also check out our range of subscription packages and pricing. Please do sign up for our service using your email address, Facebook, Google or GitHub accounts. You can also view our videos on data cleaning an EPG file and data cleaning a genre column which explain how to use our API. If you would like to contact us you can speak to one of our team by pressing on the white square icon with a smile within a blue circle, which you can find in the bottom right-hand corner of any of the web pages on our site.
Spotless Data, the One Stop Data Quality Solution API!
If your data quality is an issue or you know that you have known sources of dirty data but your files are just too big, and the problems too numerous to be able to fix manually please do log in and try now